Sunday 17 July 2011

Rainy Days

Its not like my world is coming to an end
and I hope thats not what my fate intends
But its been more than a few of those rainy days
and I've been finding a way to see through this haze
I hadn't crossed deep oceans, never seen hindrances so tall
but I suppose, the higher the mountain the greater the fall
Then I like to think of this, as the roller coaster ride
though I realize soon enough, this isn't like my dreams where I could glide
Its easier to live with the hate inside
the jealousy and loathing, to my emotions abide
But I hope all the time, that these tears
don't in time become the only remedy for my fears
No I dont want a home here, in this pit of conceit
and leave everything real, in its place incomplete


Written: 8-12-09

2 comments:

  1. "No I dont want a home here, in this pit of conceit
    and leave everything real, in its place incomplete"

    With lines like these, I don't think your tears will be the only remedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good use of rhyming couplets. A great read.

    ReplyDelete